I’ve got a couple of things to remind you of this weekend:
- There will be no coupon inserts this weekend, but we are expecting some on the 28th. January is traditionally the biggest month of the year for coupons, so take this week to clean out your binders, go through your stacks of inserts, and make some room!
- Don’t forget that Cottonelle is free at Kroger with last weekend’s .50/1 coupon! Its always .99 at Kroger for the 4 pack, so get extras of that q if you haven’t already!
- If you haven’t already registered for the Guide to Savings Giveaway, get moving! You can register three ways–leaving a comment on the Giveaway post, but posting a blog or message board message about the Giveaway, or by subscribing to my RSS or email subscriptions! (leave a separate comment for each over at the Giveaway to make sure you get all your entries!)
- Don’t miss the big online deals I’ve posted over at Littlemissknowitall.net. There’s just too many deals to post all in one place–but these are goodies! Cheap subscriptions to the Sunday Enquirer, Free 8×10’s at Wags, $10 OfficeMax coupon and more!
- Lots of liquidation sales are around….but that does not necessarily mean a great deal! In fact, I did a story on this with WLWT a few weeks ago. Liquidation sales are run by outside companies–not the store themselves. The Liquidation company comes in, raises the prices of the goods, then puts on the % off stickers. Quite often you’ll find that even after the sale, the price you pay is higher than full price at many stores! We had two examples in our story on Linens N Things–there was an electric blanket I’d had my eye on online, and I found it in the store. The price on Amazon, brand new was $69. The price in store for the exact same blanket? $160! Even with the 40% off they were offering, it was nowhere near the price I’d found on Amazon. Another shopper bought a specialty pan she’d been eyeing for awhile. The sticker said $110–with a 20% sale on top of that. When it rang up, the register marked it up to $124–then took 20% off that. My advice is to do a little research before you buy anything from a liquidation sale. You can get deals–but you need to be a savvy shopper! (I know KB Toys went into liquidation today–so many of you are tempted to go get last minute Christmas deals. Just make sure its really a deal first!)
- Are you guys liking some of the small changes we’re making around here? I took this month off from teaching classes, and have found myself with some extra time to tackle a few updates I’d been wanting to make for a long time. Now you can follow me on Twitter or receive updates from the site in your email box. We’ve added a “Share This” feature at the bottom of every post so you can easily share the deals with all of your friends. I’ve added some extra coupon resources in the sidebar and I’m trying to put more graphics and pictures in every post. There’s a Get Started section, and I’m hoping to connect the Q & A area over at LittleMissKnowitAll to this site too.
- We’ve got a new series starting after Christmas that I’m really, really excited about! I can’t release the details yet, but I think its really going to be a HUGE help to so many people!
- Last, I want to get YOUR opinions. What would you like to see more of? Is there something I do here that you’d like to see more of, or is there something here that annoys you and you’d like it removed? Any new content or features you’d like to see here?